Pennsylvania Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Pennsylvania Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps those with low incomes pay their heating bills through home heating energy assistance grants and crisis grants.
LIHEAP orders must be placed by phone or in person. They cannot be placed online.
For more information, visit http://www.dhs.pa.gov/citizens/heatingassistanceliheap, contact the Berks County Assistance Office at 610-736-4220 or contact the LIHEAP hotline at 1-866-857-7095, Monday through Friday.
How do I apply?
- Apply online at: www.compass.state.pa.us
- Request an application by calling the Statewide LIHEAP Hotline at 1-866-857-7095 or call PA Relay at 711 for the hearing impaired.
To apply, you will need
- Names of people in your household
- Dates of birth for all household members
- Social Security Numbers for all household members
- Proof of income for all household members
- A recent heating bill